You don’t have to wait for your hair to grow to have a full set of long hair. Nowadays, you can buy wigs or hair extension from lots of beauty salons and even the internet. Made out of natural or artificial hair, straight or curly, you can find everything you desire.
If you own or decide to buy either hair extensions or wigs, here’s how to clean and care for them.
The most important advice is to take care of your wig or hair extension as you take care of your hair. That means washing them with shampoo and using conditioner or other hair products, style them, brush them….everything you would do for your own hair.
However, here are a few things to keep in mind when washing them:
- Never scrub when washing them, it could cause tangling
- Rinse, add conditioner and leave on for at least 5 minutes
- De-tangle if needed, gently, with a wide tooth comb
- Apply serum or leave-in conditioner
- Air dry at low heat
- Avoid using oily products
- Don’t wash too often
- If the hair in the wig or extensions is dyed use a high quality shampoo for colored hair, as well as conditioner
- If talking about hair extensions, keep them wrapped up while sleeping
Curly hair needs special attention, therefore please keep in mind:
- Don’t use alcohol based products. It will dry out the hair and make it frizzy
- Keep it hydrated and moisturized. You can use products that contain Argan oil or Coconut oil, or you can use keratin spray
- Never de-tangle when the hair is dry or without using conditioner
- A silk scarf is recommended to keep the hair tamed over night
- Spray daily with a mixture of water and conditioner